Monday, September 17, 2012

Parkview 82’ Reunion – What a fabulous time!


I went to my class reunion this past weekend after 30 years, in part to see old friends who live too far away, now days. When I was in high school, I had that generic 80′s look of “bowl cut #1” and I wore downright plain clothing. Now, some of my friends were gorgeous looking girls and handsome young men (not sure if I can say that as a dude, but WTH). More than anything Kim and I wanted to reconnect with friends.

 "Living the Dream!"

Above is a picture of some of my best friends from high school with me. Some of us knew each other all the way back from Elementary School.

It was interesting to see what our class of 80′s teenagers had become. At that reunion I looked around and thought, “Who the heck is that?” Sometimes I looked at a name tag and went, “Dang it, I just don’t remember that person, not out loud!” As one of my buddies told me, “We are now all officially old enough to have to use reading glasses to see a name tag.”

So after the weekend events I feel many of my classmates I could lump into a few categories: time stood still for them, some aged very well, some I could not recognize and some I said, what the heck happened to you!

So why would you not go to a class reunion if you lived within driving distance of the event? I understand medical emergencies, deaths and sickness but, you only have one 30 year reunion. Heck, we had a classmate come all the way from Oregon just to be there for the weekend. With our event we planned it 10 months ahead so people could make plans early and we kept the cost very low. Did you really hate high school that much not to attend? Not me and mine….

Going to this reunion is even more fun since the invention of FaceBook. Not only did we reconnect with people before the event, but it made it so much more comfortable around old friends. Some of us golfed together, while others hung out at the pool catching up from days of old. The evening just would not be the same without everyone sharing the dance floor to close out the evening. Not sure about all the activities after midnight because I was totally worn out. For those that stayed the night, breakfast was the icing on the cake for an incredible weekend!

I can’t believe it is over. What a Great weekend, Great times and some Great friends reunited. See everyone at the 40th!!! Go Panthers and Go Big Orange!



THANKS FOR READING….. Branch



About the author: Tom Branch, Jr. is a full time Gov’t employee (that can’t say what, when & how he does his job) for the past 28 years and he is a part owner of Wave Away, LLC.  He has been working and consulting in the Outdoor Industry for over 18 years and is currently creating and managing a pro fishing team, developing new products, promoting products through demonstrations, designing packaging, and he participates in different forums, radio & television shows.  Tom and his wife, Kim are volunteers with Operation One Voice. They live north of Atlanta near Braselton, GA with their lab “Jake”.





No comments:

Post a Comment