Friday, December 14, 2012

My baby girl is getting married!





I have watched my youngest daughter play in the sandbox, lose her first tooth, shot her first gun, fall off her bike, play in the dirt at softball games, bait her own hook, get hurt at a gymnastics meet, go on her first date and graduate from high school. Now Dad’s little girl isn't so little anymore and she's getting married! I have been reliving the memorable moments in her life with total happiness all week long.  I am so looking forward to the days ahead as my youngest daughter becomes a wife tomorrow.

Every father knows that one day his daughter will find a man and get married. Every father also wishes his daughter the best of luck in finding the right man, one that will make her happy beyond belief. When the time comes, all the father can do is observe and hope for the best for her.

As a child, Amanda was outgoing, strong and caring. She now carries these traits into her adult life. Along the way she has also picked up many other skills, some from her education and some from friends. But everything she has done has made me the proudest Dad in town! Always wanting to improve in what she does, and being a caring person, makes me unbelievably proud.

When I give her away tomorrow, I cannot deny I will feel some loss. After all, I am giving my daughter away to be married. I know sometime tomorrow it will hit me like a ton of bricks. But, my feeling will be of total joy and happiness that I will be giving away my youngest daughter and she will be happier than I have ever seen her.

After I meet Nick, I saw my daughter become happier and more confident in herself. Nick has let Amanda be herself and has not tried to change her to make himself happy. My main fear as a parent was my daughter was making the wrong decisions in life; marrying for the wrong reasons was one of these. I do now believe Amanda couldn't have chosen anybody more suitable. Simply for the way he treats and takes care of my daughter, I cannot thank him enough.

Please join Kim and me as we wish the future bride and groom (Amanda Branch and Nick Rossi) all the happiness in the world.





Mark 10:6-9 "But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'  'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one.  Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."


THANKS FOR READING..... BRANCH


About the author: Tom Branch, Jr. is a full time Firefighter, Paramedic/Lieutenant in Georgia for the past 28 years and he is a part owner of Wave Away, LLC.  He has been working and consulting in the Outdoor Industry for over 18 years and is currently creating and managing a pro fishing team, developing new products, promoting products through demonstrations, designing packaging, and he participates in different forums, radio & television shows.  Tom and his wife, Kim are volunteers with Operation One Voice. They live north of Atlanta near Braselton, GA with their lab “Jake”.






No comments:

Post a Comment